Long Island News
Stony Brook student killed in hit and run
STONY BROOK (WABC) -- Police investigating the hit-and-run death of a Stony Brook University student made an arrest in the case early Friday.
Investigators say 30-year-old Michael J. Tarduno, Jr., of Setauket, was driving the pickup truck that hit and killed 21-year-old Seong Hoon Baek, of Flushing.
Baek died at the hospital after getting hit around 9:45 p.m. while riding his bike where Nesconset Highway crosses Pond Path in Stony Brook.
Witnesses of the crash were able give responding officers the license plate number of the fleeing vehicle. A comprehensive search of the surrounding area located Tarduno's vehicle just before 1 a.m.
Tarduno is charged with leaving the scene of an accident: fatal, driving while ability impaired: drugs, and criminal possession of a controlled substance.
long island, stony brook, stony brook university, hit and run accident, long island news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers 28 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 40-story fall from Bronx high-rise 2 min ago
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli 34 min ago
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 40-story fall from Bronx...
2 min ago