Long Island News
Stony Brook student killed in hit and run
STONY BROOK (WABC) -- Police investigating the hit-and-run death of a Stony Brook University student made an arrest in the case early Friday.
Investigators say 30-year-old Michael J. Tarduno, Jr., of Setauket, was driving the pickup truck that hit and killed 21-year-old Seong Hoon Baek, of Flushing.
Baek died at the hospital after getting hit around 9:45 p.m. while riding his bike where Nesconset Highway crosses Pond Path in Stony Brook.
Witnesses of the crash were able give responding officers the license plate number of the fleeing vehicle. A comprehensive search of the surrounding area located Tarduno's vehicle just before 1 a.m.
Tarduno is charged with leaving the scene of an accident: fatal, driving while ability impaired: drugs, and criminal possession of a controlled substance.
long island, stony brook, stony brook university, hit and run accident, long island news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn 59 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion 57 min ago
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings 51 min ago
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
59 min ago
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings...
57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
46 min ago
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in...
51 min ago