Long Island News
LI woman accused of killing ex, dumping body
WANTAGH, N.Y. -- A lawyer for a Long Island woman accused of stabbing her ex-husband, then dumping his corpse off a parkway, says she was a victim of spousal abuse.
The body of 58-year-old Walter Boland was discovered by a jogger Friday near a recreational path alongside the Wantagh State Parkway.
State Police announced Saturday that they had arrested Boland's 56-year-old ex-wife, Nancy. She is charged with manslaughter.
Her lawyer, David Besso, called Walter Boland "an abuser" and said the couple had been to court previously accusing each other of domestic violence.
Authorities said Boland was stabbed once in the abdomen during a fight at the couple's home late Wednesday.
He never got medical attention, and died Thursday.
Police said Nancy Boland loaded his body into a car and dumped it early Friday.
long island, wantagh, body found, long island news
- Metro North trains collide, 60 people injured
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Woman, boyfriend found shot to death in NJ park
- Tarrytown remembers Hofstra shooting victim
- abcnews: Sole survivor of plane crash breaks silence
- Photos: Scandal Season 2 Finale
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos