Long Island News
LI woman accused of killing ex, dumping body
WANTAGH, N.Y. -- A lawyer for a Long Island woman accused of stabbing her ex-husband, then dumping his corpse off a parkway, says she was a victim of spousal abuse.
The body of 58-year-old Walter Boland was discovered by a jogger Friday near a recreational path alongside the Wantagh State Parkway.
State Police announced Saturday that they had arrested Boland's 56-year-old ex-wife, Nancy. She is charged with manslaughter.
Her lawyer, David Besso, called Walter Boland "an abuser" and said the couple had been to court previously accusing each other of domestic violence.
Authorities said Boland was stabbed once in the abdomen during a fight at the couple's home late Wednesday.
He never got medical attention, and died Thursday.
Police said Nancy Boland loaded his body into a car and dumped it early Friday.
long island, wantagh, body found, long island news
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos