Long Island News
Attempted murder charges in LI landlord attack
ROOSEVELT (WABC) -- A Long Island man is due in court Wednesday on attempted murder charges.
Police say 41-year-old Joseph Burno attacked his 28-year-old landlord Tuesday afternoon in Roosevelt.
The incident happened after the younger man advised Burno that the house was being foreclosed on and he should have moved out last week..
During a violent struggle, Burno allegedly hit the man with a gun several times and shot him in the arm.
A shot aimed at the landlord's head reportedly missed.
long island, assault, attempted murder, shooting, long island news
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide