Long Island News
Toddler, elderly man killed in LI auto accidents
FARMINGVILLE (WABC) -- Police on Long Island say a 15-month-old girl was killed when an SUV driven by her grandmother overturned in Farmingville.
Police say 50-year-old Corenthea Skipwith is facing charges after she lost control of her SUV and crashed on County Road 83 in Farmingville Wednesday afternoon.
Her 15-month-old granddaughter, Terrayjah Burwell, was ejected and died at the scene. Police say the child was in a car seat, but it was not properly restrained.
Police issued Skipworth summonses for driving without a license, suspended registration, uninsured vehicle and improper child restraint.
Skipwith and the child's mother were hospitalized for non-life threatening injuries.
Two hours later, an elderly Huntington man was killed in West Hills after the car he was driving crossed over into another lane on Round Swamp Road and struck an oncoming vehicle.
Police say 85-year-old William Holden was later pronounced dead.
The other driver sustained non-life threatening injuries.
long island, farmingville, accident, child death, long island news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance 16 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area 28 min ago
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 53 min ago
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year 34 min ago
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen