Long Island News
Cops: Drunk man with kid brother in car kills pedestrian
CENTRAL ISLIP (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing drunk driving charges after killing a pedestrian in Central Islip.
Police say 20-year-old Leonard Hoppie was driving a minivan that struck a man on Cordello Avenue Thursday night.
The van then crashed into two cars.
Police say Hoppie's 10-year-old brother was in the van.
Neither was hurt.
The victim's name has not been released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, central islip, drunk driving, pedestrian struck, long island news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach 15 min ago
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat 13 min ago
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon 6 min ago
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- Secret Service investigating Target data...
15 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
15 min ago
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian...
13 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos