Long Island News
Cops: Drunk man with kid brother in car kills pedestrian
CENTRAL ISLIP (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing drunk driving charges after killing a pedestrian in Central Islip.
Police say 20-year-old Leonard Hoppie was driving a minivan that struck a man on Cordello Avenue Thursday night.
The van then crashed into two cars.
Police say Hoppie's 10-year-old brother was in the van.
Neither was hurt.
The victim's name has not been released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, central islip, drunk driving, pedestrian struck, long island news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- NJ man dies in Long Island Sound canoe accident
- March Madness-style bracket rates high school girls 10 min ago
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown 40 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after...
40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
18 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos