Long Island News
Woman arrested for driving under multiple influences
COMMACK (WABC) -- A 21-year-old Long Island woman was arrested after police pulled her over and allegedly found her guilty of multiple infractions.
Police say Samantha Carey, of Commack, was speeding, texting while driving, drunk and had marijuana and unprescribed medication.
She was stopped on the Southern State Parkway around 1:30 a.m. Thursday after police spotted her speeding, swerving and texting while driving.
Carey reportedly had a blood-alcohol content of .12 percent. She was charged with DWI, criminal possession of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of marijuana and several traffic violations.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, drunk driving, drug arrest, texting while driving, long island news
- 90-minute delays linger after LIRR service suspension
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
43 min ago