Long Island News
Woman arrested for driving under multiple influences
COMMACK (WABC) -- A 21-year-old Long Island woman was arrested after police pulled her over and allegedly found her guilty of multiple infractions.
Police say Samantha Carey, of Commack, was speeding, texting while driving, drunk and had marijuana and unprescribed medication.
She was stopped on the Southern State Parkway around 1:30 a.m. Thursday after police spotted her speeding, swerving and texting while driving.
Carey reportedly had a blood-alcohol content of .12 percent. She was charged with DWI, criminal possession of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of marijuana and several traffic violations.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, drunk driving, drug arrest, texting while driving, long island news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83