Long Island News
Record-breaking menorah lighting
MERRICK, N.Y. (WABC) -- There was a record-breaking gathering on Long Island Wednesday night to make the festival of lights the brightest ever.
About 700 people gathered at the Merrick Jewish Centre for the second night of Hanukkah to break the world record for the most menorahs lit simultaneously.
The previous world record was set in 2009 when 358 people lit menorahs at the same time at a Moscow nightclub.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hanukkah, long island news
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County 22 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 4 min ago
- No remains found in latest Jimmy Hoffa search 22 min ago
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- Photos: Bear the police dog
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos