Long Island News
Record-breaking menorah lighting
MERRICK, N.Y. (WABC) -- There was a record-breaking gathering on Long Island Wednesday night to make the festival of lights the brightest ever.
About 700 people gathered at the Merrick Jewish Centre for the second night of Hanukkah to break the world record for the most menorahs lit simultaneously.
The previous world record was set in 2009 when 358 people lit menorahs at the same time at a Moscow nightclub.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hanukkah, long island news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 20 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark 35 min ago
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed 29 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
20 min ago