Long Island News
Allegedly drunk cabbie hits cop car on Long Island
CENTRAL ISLIP (WABC) -- A taxi driver from Long Island is behind bars Monday, charged with drunk driving.
Police say the driver ran a stop sign on Carleton Avenue and Ackerman Street in Central Islip and hit a police car Sunday night.
Both the taxi driver and the Suffolk County police officer were taken to Southside Hospital with minor injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, central islip, drunk driving, long island news
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman 1 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing...
51 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos