Long Island News
Allegedly drunk cabbie hits cop car on Long Island
CENTRAL ISLIP (WABC) -- A taxi driver from Long Island is behind bars Monday, charged with drunk driving.
Police say the driver ran a stop sign on Carleton Avenue and Ackerman Street in Central Islip and hit a police car Sunday night.
Both the taxi driver and the Suffolk County police officer were taken to Southside Hospital with minor injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, central islip, drunk driving, long island news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 19 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto 16 min ago
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness' 43 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 56 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
19 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way
2 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos