Long Island News
Victim sketch released in LI serial killer case
GILGO BEACH, N.Y. -- Police have released a composite sketch of an unidentified victim whose remains were among those of 11 people found along a remote Long Island beach highway last year.
The sketch released Saturday is of a woman whose partial remains were found along Long Island's Ocean Parkway in April 2011.
Suffolk County police say other remains of the same person were also found on Blue Point Beach, Fire Island, in April 1996.
Investigators believe a possible serial killer is responsible for 10 of the bodies. The remains of an 11th victim - a 24-year-old woman named Shannan Gilbert - were found in late December. But authorities say Gilbert accidentally drowned.
Suffolk County police are asking anyone with information about the woman's identity to contact them or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, gilgo beach, serial killer, long island news
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Firefightes battling Bronx car fire find body inside 7 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 28 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309M for Tuesday drawing
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom 50 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
28 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos