Long Island News
Valley Stream home invasion suspect due in court
VALLEY STREAM, N.Y. (WABC) -- The suspect under arrest in a violent home invasion and police shootout on Long Island is due in court Wednesday.
Levy Robinson, 47, is charged in the incident, which happened in Valley Stream on Monday night and terrfied a family.
Police say Robinson, of Jamaica, Queens, and another suspect made two adults and four children lie face down on the floor while they ransacked the house.
The first officer on the scene busted in a back door and rescued all six victims. The suspects then opened fire on responding officers.
The second suspect, also from Queens, killed himself on the scene.
No officers were hit, but four needed treatment for trauma.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, home invasion, valley stream, long island news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning 59 min ago
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 58 min ago
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon 41 min ago
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
51 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos