Long Island News
Cub Scouts trailer and equipment stolen
ISLIP, N.Y. (WABC) -- Equipment and decades of memorabilia was in a trailer that was clearly labeled and stolen from a Cub Scout pack on Long Island.
"Why would someone take a Cub Scout trailer?" said Nicholas Nilsen, of Cub Scout Pack #370.
The boys of Cub Scout Pack 370 are all that's left of pack 370.
Their trailer went everywhere they went and carried the equipment for their overnights, their meetings, and even their pinewood derbies.
But now, the trailer is gone.
Cub Master Kurt Nilsen says it was parked in a lot in Islip on Monday and was gone by Wednesday night.
"I know everybody's strapped for cash but it's not a reason to steal from little kids because you want it more," said Kurt Nilsen, Cub Master of Scout Pack #370.
Kurt says he has no idea who would steal it or why.
"It's just baffling me, it really is, it's upsetting, there's so much that's gone," Nilsen said.
The trailer was purchased from Boy Scout Troop #439.
The Cub Scouts had not gotten-around to changing the lettering before it was stolen.
The pack has been in existence since the 1960s and more than forty years' worth of awards, banners, and ribbons were inside.
"They've done a lot of stuff, they go camping, they promote good things, they help the community it's just horrible," said Ryan Maziarz, former Pack #370 member.
"It took them years to get all this stuff, and now they have nothing," said Kyle Maziarz, former Pack #370 member.
There are no surveillance cameras in the parking lot, so there are very few leads.
Anybody with information is urged to call the Suffolk County Police.
Also, anyone wishing to donate to help the scouts is asked to call Kurt Nilsen, Cub Master of Pack #370 at: (631) 882-5533.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, islip, theft, long island news, n.j. burkett
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos