Long Island News
LI inmate who needs transplant ordered back to jail
EAST MEADOW, N.Y. (WABC) -- A shoplifter who was released from a Long Island jail so she could spend her dying days in a hospice has been ordered back behind bars.
A judge received information from the Nassau County hospice that Diane McCloud could live another six months.
Earlier this month, a doctor had indicated the 48-year-old was near death.
McCloud made headlines last year when she was released from jail to pursue a heart transplant. She lost that chance when she was arrested again after shoplifting at three drugstores. She pleaded guilty to petit larceny.
long island, heart disease, nassau county, long island news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week 53 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze' 37 min ago
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died 38 min ago
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem found
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
37 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
53 min ago