Long Island News
LI inmate who needs transplant ordered back to jail
EAST MEADOW, N.Y. (WABC) -- A shoplifter who was released from a Long Island jail so she could spend her dying days in a hospice has been ordered back behind bars.
A judge received information from the Nassau County hospice that Diane McCloud could live another six months.
Earlier this month, a doctor had indicated the 48-year-old was near death.
McCloud made headlines last year when she was released from jail to pursue a heart transplant. She lost that chance when she was arrested again after shoplifting at three drugstores. She pleaded guilty to petit larceny.
long island, heart disease, nassau county, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation