Long Island News
LI woman hurt, husband arrested for DWI
EAST FARMINGDALE (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are investigating a crash that seriously injured a woman and left her husband facing drunk driving charges.
The incident happened on Wellwood Avenue at the Long Island Expressway in East Farmingdale just before 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Police say Ronald Giovelli was driving southbound on Wellwood Avenue when he stopped to make a turn and was struck by a car driven by 57-year-old Jeffery Hirsch.
Hirsch's wife, 57-year-old Pauline Hirsch, was initially transported by East Farmingdale Fire Department Rescue to St. Joseph's Hospital in Bethpage. She was then transferred to Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow, where she was treated for serious injuries.
Giovelli, 40, and his passenger were transported to St. Joseph's Hospital, where they were treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released.
Jeffery Hirsch, was treated for minor injuries and released. He is charged with driving while intoxicated.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, east farmingdale, drunk driving, long island news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Jersey City water main break repaired
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 6 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 24 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 47 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 19 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
24 min ago
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions...
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos