Long Island News
LI woman hurt, husband arrested for DWI
EAST FARMINGDALE (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are investigating a crash that seriously injured a woman and left her husband facing drunk driving charges.
The incident happened on Wellwood Avenue at the Long Island Expressway in East Farmingdale just before 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Police say Ronald Giovelli was driving southbound on Wellwood Avenue when he stopped to make a turn and was struck by a car driven by 57-year-old Jeffery Hirsch.
Hirsch's wife, 57-year-old Pauline Hirsch, was initially transported by East Farmingdale Fire Department Rescue to St. Joseph's Hospital in Bethpage. She was then transferred to Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow, where she was treated for serious injuries.
Giovelli, 40, and his passenger were transported to St. Joseph's Hospital, where they were treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released.
Jeffery Hirsch, was treated for minor injuries and released. He is charged with driving while intoxicated.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, east farmingdale, drunk driving, long island news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 15 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 16 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
30 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
15 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos