Long Island News
Iraq veteran's stolen wheelchair found
HOLBROOK, N.Y. (WABC) -- The wheelchair stolen from an Iraq war veteran on Long Island has been found.
The chair was stolen from Christopher Levi's front yard in Holbrook on January 19th.
It was specially made for Levi who'd lost both legs when a bomb exploded in Iraq in 2008.
Thursday, a man driving near the intersection of Patchogue-Holbrook Road and Broadway Avenue spotted the chair in the woods.
He told police they recovered the chair and now it's back with its rightful owner.
"I'm not angry at them. If it was a group of young kids, I hope they learned. If it was an older person, you should know better," Levi said.
Police are still searching for the person who stole the wheelchair.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, holbrook, theft, u.s. military, long island news
- At least 2 dead, 22 hurt in East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 40 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 12 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase