Long Island News
Iraq veteran's stolen wheelchair found
HOLBROOK, N.Y. (WABC) -- The wheelchair stolen from an Iraq war veteran on Long Island has been found.
The chair was stolen from Christopher Levi's front yard in Holbrook on January 19th.
It was specially made for Levi who'd lost both legs when a bomb exploded in Iraq in 2008.
Thursday, a man driving near the intersection of Patchogue-Holbrook Road and Broadway Avenue spotted the chair in the woods.
He told police they recovered the chair and now it's back with its rightful owner.
"I'm not angry at them. If it was a group of young kids, I hope they learned. If it was an older person, you should know better," Levi said.
Police are still searching for the person who stole the wheelchair.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, holbrook, theft, u.s. military, long island news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97