Long Island News
Iraq veteran's stolen wheelchair found
HOLBROOK, N.Y. (WABC) -- The wheelchair stolen from an Iraq war veteran on Long Island has been found.
The chair was stolen from Christopher Levi's front yard in Holbrook on January 19th.
It was specially made for Levi who'd lost both legs when a bomb exploded in Iraq in 2008.
Thursday, a man driving near the intersection of Patchogue-Holbrook Road and Broadway Avenue spotted the chair in the woods.
He told police they recovered the chair and now it's back with its rightful owner.
"I'm not angry at them. If it was a group of young kids, I hope they learned. If it was an older person, you should know better," Levi said.
Police are still searching for the person who stole the wheelchair.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, holbrook, theft, u.s. military, long island news
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 25 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
52 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos