Long Island News
Train plows into car; driver arrested for DUI
BAY SHORE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island saved the life of a driver whose car got stuck on the railroad tracks in Bay Shore just before an oncoming train smashed into it.
The woman tried to get her car off the tracks, but couldn't.
Two nearby police officers arrived and tried to get the MTA to stop the train but the train was too close.
They pulled the woman out of the car just in time.
No one was hurt, but the car was destroyed.
Police arrested the woman for driving under the influence.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, bay shore, dwi, long island news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen