Long Island News
Man quits his full time job to sell Tupperware
FARMINGDALE (WABC) -- There's a bit of heavy lifting and primping before Bobby Suchan becomes Aunt Barbara.
At 6'5" with heels and hair, Aunt Barbara sells tupperware at parties on Long Island.
The Tupperware line is updated, but the way Tupperware is sold hasn't changed. Aunt Barbara does house parties where the host gets free items depending on sales, and Aunt Barbara can sell alright. Spatulas, containers, even cheese graters come to life.
It's why Diane Taormina booked Aunt Barbara.
Her own mom used to sell Tupperware 45 years ago, but not like this.
He channeled his own Aunt Barbara for the role. At 43, he's the biggest Tupperware seller in North America.
More than $250,000 worth of products were sold last year. She books nearly a year in advance, with each party generating many encore performances.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
farmingdale, long island, tupperware, long island news, lauren glassberg
- Jersey City water main break affecting service
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor 22 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos