Long Island News
LI gun store owner hit with criminal charges
BOHEMIA (WABC) -- A Long Island man is under arrest and facing charges for the possession of illegal, unregistered and stolen firearms.
Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota announced the indictment of Brian Anderson, the owner and operator of a gun store in Bohemia.
Anderson faces 16 criminal possession of a weapon charges after detectives recovered hundreds of legal and illegal weapons from Anderson's unlocked Patchogue garage.
The seized weapons included illegal machine guns, unregistered automatic and semi-automatic handguns and "Street Sweepers" (large-capacity compact shotguns).
Surveillance video showed an exchange of gunfire between a suspected drug dealer and investigator assigned to the district attorney office's Heroin Task Force. Police say the .38-caliber revolver used by the drug suspect to fire on detectives came from Anderson's gun store.
Nicholas Hansen is charged with attempted murder of a police officer and criminal sale of a controlled substance in relation to that case.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, suffolk county, bohemia, arrest, gun, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 6 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor...
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 21 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 29 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
6 min ago