Long Island News
Suspect sought in Kings Point home invasion
KING'S POINT (WABC) -- A neighborhood on Long Island, already on edge because of a string of burglaries, is now the scene of another home invasion.
This time, a man woke up to a burglar trying to open his bedroom door.
Authorities say that around 7 p.m. Tuesday, a man broke into a home Rogers Road in King's Point through a back door. He apparently tried to open the 82-year-old resident's bedroom door and was seen rummaging through the victim's desk before fleeing the scene.
Investigators do not believe this incident is related to a string of burglaries in King's Point and Great Neck that began in November of 2010 and went unsolved. In one of those cases, a 15-year-old girl was attacked in her bedroom.
A surveillance image was released in one of those previous incidents (seen above), but that suspect was never caught.
Police are investigating if the latest incident in King's Point is connected to the burglary spree.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, kings point, burglary, great neck, long island news, josh einiger
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- South Plainfield High School lockdown lifted
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos