Long Island News
Suspect sought in Kings Point home invasion
KING'S POINT (WABC) -- A neighborhood on Long Island, already on edge because of a string of burglaries, is now the scene of another home invasion.
This time, a man woke up to a burglar trying to open his bedroom door.
Authorities say that around 7 p.m. Tuesday, a man broke into a home Rogers Road in King's Point through a back door. He apparently tried to open the 82-year-old resident's bedroom door and was seen rummaging through the victim's desk before fleeing the scene.
Investigators do not believe this incident is related to a string of burglaries in King's Point and Great Neck that began in November of 2010 and went unsolved. In one of those cases, a 15-year-old girl was attacked in her bedroom.
A surveillance image was released in one of those previous incidents (seen above), but that suspect was never caught.
Police are investigating if the latest incident in King's Point is connected to the burglary spree.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, kings point, burglary, great neck, long island news, josh einiger
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village