Long Island News
Deadly crash on Long Island
PORT JEFFERSON (WABC) -- Police are investigating a deadly crash on Long Island that happened early Saturday morning.
Suffolk County police say an SUV rolled over at 1:30 this morning at the intersection of Caroline Avenue and Oaks Street in Port Jefferson.
Michael Peggs, 23, was declared dead at the scene.
His 23-year-old female passenger was ejected from the vehicle.
She is in critical condition at Stony Brook University Medical Center.
Police say it doesn't appear that icy roads were a factor in the accident, however the roads were wet at the time.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, port jefferson, accident, long island news
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest 10 min ago
- FSU's Jameis Winston not charged in sex assault case
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages
- Graduation day for new class of FDNY firefighters 28 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos