Long Island News
Wrong-way driver charged with DUI on Long Island
A Long Island man is facing DWI charges after police say he drove the wrong way on a highway and caused two accidents.
Luis Quintanilla, 40, was arrested Saturday night.
First, police say he rear-ended a car in Central Islip.
Then, he allegedly drove the wrong way on the Southern State Parkway, hitting a car head-on.
No one suffered any life-threatening injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, central islip, drunk driving, wrong way driver, long island news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy 20 min ago
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 59 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- GWB repair work this weekend 44 min ago
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos