Long Island News
Police: Man had 22 stolen cemetery vases
WEST BABYLON. N.Y. -- Police say a Long Island man has been arrested for possession of 22 bronze vases that were stolen from a cemetery.
Suffolk County police say 26-year-old Shaun Dosch of West Babylon was arrested Saturday after they were tipped off that Dosch had the cemetery vases.
Police say the 22 bronze vases were stolen from Pinelawn Memorial Park in Farmingdale over the past several months. They say Dosch intended to melt them down and sell them for scrap.
Police say the vases were worth an estimated $7,000.
Dosch was to be arraigned Monday on charges including possession of stolen property.
Information on an attorney for Dosch was not immediately available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos