Long Island News
Police: Man had 22 stolen cemetery vases
WEST BABYLON. N.Y. -- Police say a Long Island man has been arrested for possession of 22 bronze vases that were stolen from a cemetery.
Suffolk County police say 26-year-old Shaun Dosch of West Babylon was arrested Saturday after they were tipped off that Dosch had the cemetery vases.
Police say the 22 bronze vases were stolen from Pinelawn Memorial Park in Farmingdale over the past several months. They say Dosch intended to melt them down and sell them for scrap.
Police say the vases were worth an estimated $7,000.
Dosch was to be arraigned Monday on charges including possession of stolen property.
Information on an attorney for Dosch was not immediately available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos