Long Island News
LI man accused of breaking cop's thumb during arrest
UNIONDALE (WABC) -- A suspected gunman is charged with a crime that left a police officer on Long Island with a broken finger.
Investigators say 17-year-old Shad-Rach Ford ran when Nassau County police officer tried to question him in Uniondale Wednesday.
When officers caught him, police say Ford grabbed the left thumb of one of the cops and broke it.
The officer was treated at the hospital.
Ford is charged with criminal possession of a weapon, assault and resisting arrest.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, police officer injured, uniondale, long island news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures