Long Island News
LI man accused of breaking cop's thumb during arrest
UNIONDALE (WABC) -- A suspected gunman is charged with a crime that left a police officer on Long Island with a broken finger.
Investigators say 17-year-old Shad-Rach Ford ran when Nassau County police officer tried to question him in Uniondale Wednesday.
When officers caught him, police say Ford grabbed the left thumb of one of the cops and broke it.
The officer was treated at the hospital.
Ford is charged with criminal possession of a weapon, assault and resisting arrest.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, police officer injured, uniondale, long island news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos