Long Island News
Man shot during confrontation with police
INWOOD (WABC) -- A police-involved shooting on Long Island is under investigation.
Nassau County police say the shooting occurred Sunday afternoon in Inwood while they were investigating an earlier incident of shots fired at a house party.
Police say the couple possibly had attended the party hours earlier.
When officers approached them, police say a physical altercation ensued during which the man was shot. He was taken to an area hospital for treatment. His condition was not immediately known.
The woman was not injured.
Three police officers were treated for minor injuries and released.
Police say shell casings were recovered from the scene of the house party 12 hours earlier. A 21-year-old man observed putting a hangun and rifle in his car was placed under arrest.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, inwood, nassau county, crime, police shooting, long island news
- 2 killed in Queens motorcycle accident 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather 48 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
45 min ago