Long Island News
Teacher arrested over alleged sex with student
FREEPORT (WABC) -- A substitute school teacher is facing charges she had a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old female student at a Long Island high school.
Kaitlin Grant of Elmont was arrested Friday morning. The 23-year-old woman is charged with criminal sexual act and endangering the welfare of a child. She is scheduled to be arraigned later Friday. The name of her attorney was not immediately known.
Nassau County police say the relationship with the Freeport High School student started in November 2011 and ended this month. Police said a member of the victim's family contacted authorities.
The Freeport Schools say Grant had no prior criminal record and passed all background checks; she will no longer work as a substitute.
Freeport Superintendent Kishore Kuncham said the school is cooperating with the investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, freeport, elmont, teacher arrested, long island news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos