Long Island News
Assault at LIRR station caught on surveillance
RONKONKOMA, N.Y. (WABC) -- The MTA Police Department is searching for a man witnesses say assaulted and possibly abducted a woman at the LIRR's Ronkonkoma Station, on Sunday, March 4, at approximately 7:40 a.m.
In surveillance video, the man police are seeking is seen knocking down a woman who had just exited a LIRR train.
The two then exchanged words inside a shop before he forced her to leave the store. Once outside, he again knocked her down and dragged her off camera.
"The blood was all over the parking lot. There was blood all over the curb. It was sad. It was really sad," eyewitness Ann Marie Norelius said.
A witness says the man punched the woman so hard she cracked her head on the sidewalk.
He then put her limp body over her shoulders, carried her to a car all the way at the end of the station and took off, driving in the direction of the Long Island Expressway.
It was about 8 a.m. last Sunday.
The vehicle was a light silver 4-door Nissan Altima made in the late 1990s or early 2000s.
Jeremy von Arnold is the taxi dispatcher blurred out in the video.
He says the woman, who appeared slightly drunk, didn't ask for help only to use the bathroom.
"The guy came in behind her and said we're not doing this here. She resisted but she didn't act in any sort of distress in anyway. I feel horrible because I wish I could have seen she was in more distress and I would have done more to help her, you know? I feel terrible and I just hope she's all right," von Arnold said.
Anyone with information about this incident, in particular the identity of either the suspect or the victim, is asked to call the MTA Police at (718) 361-2207. The line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls can be anonymous, and all information will be kept strictly confidential.
The suspect is an African-American male aged 25-30, approximately 5-foot-9 or 5-foot-10, weighing 185 to 210 lbs. He had crew-cut hair or was bald, and was seen wearing a black leather jacket, blue jeans and sneakers.
You can watch the full video here: http://youtu.be/q7VtUsNxt8g
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island railroad, assault, abduction, ronkonkoma, long island news
- UK: Victim in London attack was serving soldier
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 27 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Oklahoma residents begin hard recovery after tornado
- Anthony Weiner to court voters in Harlem Thursday
- Jersey City boy killed outside home to be laid to rest
- Suspects in New York-Canada train plot due in court
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- abcnews: Oklahoma tornado: Before and after photos 46 min ago
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
27 min ago