Long Island News
Nassau Co. residents protest police precinct closures
ELMONT, N.Y. (WABC) -- Residents on Long Island, angry about Nassau County police precinct closures, took to the streets in protest on Sunday night.
Several people marched outside the 5th Precinct in Elmont to show support for their police officers.
Last week, the Nassau County Legislature voted to close four police precincts and turn them into Community Police Stations.
Residents who were out protesting believe officials should take more time to think about the ramifications of the closures.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, elmont, long island news
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 51 min ago
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad 16 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build 30 min ago
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos