Long Island News
Nassau Co. residents protest police precinct closures
ELMONT, N.Y. (WABC) -- Residents on Long Island, angry about Nassau County police precinct closures, took to the streets in protest on Sunday night.
Several people marched outside the 5th Precinct in Elmont to show support for their police officers.
Last week, the Nassau County Legislature voted to close four police precincts and turn them into Community Police Stations.
Residents who were out protesting believe officials should take more time to think about the ramifications of the closures.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, nassau county, elmont, long island news
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 1 winning ticket sold for record Powerball jackpot
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos