Long Island News
Uncertified teachers hired for special education students
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A school district on Long Island is slapped with state violations for hiring uncertified teachers.
State regulators discovered the Hempstead School District employed uncertified instructors to teach Special Ed classes to middle and high school students.
The violations came to light after a group of parents filed a complaint with the state.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hempstead, teacher, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 50 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard 58 min ago
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
50 min ago
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
58 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos