Long Island News
Uncertified teachers hired for special education students
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A school district on Long Island is slapped with state violations for hiring uncertified teachers.
State regulators discovered the Hempstead School District employed uncertified instructors to teach Special Ed classes to middle and high school students.
The violations came to light after a group of parents filed a complaint with the state.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hempstead, teacher, long island news
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 38 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son