Long Island News
Store employee fights back against robber
PATCHOGUE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A knife wielding robbery suspect is under arrest on Long Island after a store employee fought back.
Police say the suspect, Kristian Falterman, 31, walked into A and E Multi Services in Patchogue Tuesday afternoon, pointed a knife at a store worker, and demanded cash.
The worker, Ana Ramones, 29, struggled with Falterman and took the knife out of his hands.
She got the suspect outside the store where a Good Samaritan helped hold him down until police arrived.
Falterman was injured during the struggle and was transported to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue with non-life threatening injuries.
Ramones was not injured during the incident.
Falterman is being charged with Robbery 1st Degree and is scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on March 21st.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, patchogue, robbery, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation