Long Island News
Store employee fights back against robber
PATCHOGUE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A knife wielding robbery suspect is under arrest on Long Island after a store employee fought back.
Police say the suspect, Kristian Falterman, 31, walked into A and E Multi Services in Patchogue Tuesday afternoon, pointed a knife at a store worker, and demanded cash.
The worker, Ana Ramones, 29, struggled with Falterman and took the knife out of his hands.
She got the suspect outside the store where a Good Samaritan helped hold him down until police arrived.
Falterman was injured during the struggle and was transported to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue with non-life threatening injuries.
Ramones was not injured during the incident.
Falterman is being charged with Robbery 1st Degree and is scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on March 21st.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, patchogue, robbery, long island news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos