Long Island News
Grandfather charged with DWI with kids in car
WEST BABYLON (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing felony DWI charges after he was caught allegedly driving drunk with his two grandchildren in the car.
Police say 59-year-old Craig Monte was arrested around 5 p.m. Sunday as he tried to drive out of Van Bourgondien Park in West Babylon.
Callers to 911 had reported Monte was screaming at the two children who were with him, his 9-year-old and 5-year-old grandchildren.
The charge is a felony under Leandra's Law.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, west babylon, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- 90-minute delays linger after LIRR service suspension
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures