Long Island News
Grandfather charged with DWI with kids in car
WEST BABYLON (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing felony DWI charges after he was caught allegedly driving drunk with his two grandchildren in the car.
Police say 59-year-old Craig Monte was arrested around 5 p.m. Sunday as he tried to drive out of Van Bourgondien Park in West Babylon.
Callers to 911 had reported Monte was screaming at the two children who were with him, his 9-year-old and 5-year-old grandchildren.
The charge is a felony under Leandra's Law.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, west babylon, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Tornado touched down near Copake
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City 7 min ago
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos