Long Island News
Grandfather charged with DWI with kids in car
WEST BABYLON (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing felony DWI charges after he was caught allegedly driving drunk with his two grandchildren in the car.
Police say 59-year-old Craig Monte was arrested around 5 p.m. Sunday as he tried to drive out of Van Bourgondien Park in West Babylon.
Callers to 911 had reported Monte was screaming at the two children who were with him, his 9-year-old and 5-year-old grandchildren.
The charge is a felony under Leandra's Law.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, west babylon, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- FSU's Jameis Winston not charged in sex assault case 25 min ago
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens 54 min ago
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike...
54 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos