Long Island News
Grandfather charged with DWI with kids in car
WEST BABYLON (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing felony DWI charges after he was caught allegedly driving drunk with his two grandchildren in the car.
Police say 59-year-old Craig Monte was arrested around 5 p.m. Sunday as he tried to drive out of Van Bourgondien Park in West Babylon.
Callers to 911 had reported Monte was screaming at the two children who were with him, his 9-year-old and 5-year-old grandchildren.
The charge is a felony under Leandra's Law.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, west babylon, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 46 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos