Long Island News
Fishing boat limps home after Coast Guard rescue
MONTAUK (WABC) -- A fishing boat that nearly sank off the coast of Long Island is limping its way back to New Bedford, Massachusetts, thanks to the Coast Guard.
"The Shamrock" lost a piece of its hull Saturday in high waves.
It started filling with water, but a Coast Guard jet dropped two water pumps to the crew.
That helped the ship survive a 70-mile trip into Montauk.
The crew made emergency repairs there and then set off for home.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, montauk, coast guard, rescue, long island news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 36 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 27 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 54 min ago
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 53 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 51 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
56 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
36 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
51 min ago