Long Island News
Fishing boat limps home after Coast Guard rescue
MONTAUK (WABC) -- A fishing boat that nearly sank off the coast of Long Island is limping its way back to New Bedford, Massachusetts, thanks to the Coast Guard.
"The Shamrock" lost a piece of its hull Saturday in high waves.
It started filling with water, but a Coast Guard jet dropped two water pumps to the crew.
That helped the ship survive a 70-mile trip into Montauk.
The crew made emergency repairs there and then set off for home.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, montauk, coast guard, rescue, long island news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen