Long Island News
Fishing boat limps home after Coast Guard rescue
MONTAUK (WABC) -- A fishing boat that nearly sank off the coast of Long Island is limping its way back to New Bedford, Massachusetts, thanks to the Coast Guard.
"The Shamrock" lost a piece of its hull Saturday in high waves.
It started filling with water, but a Coast Guard jet dropped two water pumps to the crew.
That helped the ship survive a 70-mile trip into Montauk.
The crew made emergency repairs there and then set off for home.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, montauk, coast guard, rescue, long island news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help 58 min ago
- Police investiate possible bias attack on Broadway 48 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One 18 min ago
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department