Long Island News
Long Island police round up escaped cows
YAPHANK (WABC) -- Police officers on Long Island turned into cowboys overnight Wednesday to help round up some loose cattle.
The cows got out of their pen at the Suffolk County Farm and Education Center in Yaphank.
Several drivers called the police after the animals wandered dangerously close to the Long Island Expressway.
Officers used flashlights to deflect the cows and move them back into an enclosure.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, yaphank, long island news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
7 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos