Long Island News
'One man crime wave' indicted by grand jury
RIVERHEAD (WABC) -- A man the Suffolk County district attorney calls "a one man crime wave" is facing charges in 18 incidents of robbery and burglary.
Authorities say 29-year-old Ronny Lacaliano was indicted by a grand jury.
He is accused of committing four robberies and 14 burglaries in Islip since November of 2011.
District Attorney Thomas Spota says additional robbery and burglary charges are likely.
Lacaliano reportedly said he committed the crimes for two reasons - to get cash to buy crack and alcohol and to send money to family members in Honduras.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Bethpage Air Show on for Sunday
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos