Long Island News
'One man crime wave' indicted by grand jury
RIVERHEAD (WABC) -- A man the Suffolk County district attorney calls "a one man crime wave" is facing charges in 18 incidents of robbery and burglary.
Authorities say 29-year-old Ronny Lacaliano was indicted by a grand jury.
He is accused of committing four robberies and 14 burglaries in Islip since November of 2011.
District Attorney Thomas Spota says additional robbery and burglary charges are likely.
Lacaliano reportedly said he committed the crimes for two reasons - to get cash to buy crack and alcohol and to send money to family members in Honduras.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead 49 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg 35 min ago
- Bratton to join Sharpton at rally in Harlem 6 min ago
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
49 min ago