Long Island News
Sentencing day for sexual predator on Long Island
YAPHANK (WABC) -- Friday is sentencing day for a Long Island man convicted of predatory sexual assault of a child.
A jury found 46-year-old Wilbur Wright, Jr., of Yaphank, guilty of having sex with a child under the age of 13 a number of times from 2006 to 2008.
Prosecutors will ask for the maximum sentence: 25 years to life in prison.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, yaphank, child sex assault, long island news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach 40 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school 50 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 17 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos