Long Island News
Sentencing day for sexual predator on Long Island
YAPHANK (WABC) -- Friday is sentencing day for a Long Island man convicted of predatory sexual assault of a child.
A jury found 46-year-old Wilbur Wright, Jr., of Yaphank, guilty of having sex with a child under the age of 13 a number of times from 2006 to 2008.
Prosecutors will ask for the maximum sentence: 25 years to life in prison.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, yaphank, child sex assault, long island news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 33 min ago
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 43 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing Muslim girl 31 min ago
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized 14 min ago
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos