Long Island News
Cops: 2 drivers nabbed drunk, weaving on LIE
OLD WESTBURY (WABC) -- Two Long Island men are charged with driving drunk on the Long Island Expressway.
Police say 22-year-old Lesly Chery and 21-year-old Joel Wright were weaving in and out of traffic and speeding at about 95 miles per hour early Sunday.
Officers pulled over both cars and arrested the men in Old Westbury around 2:20 a.m.
No injuries were reported.
Wright, of Laurelton, and Chery, of Elmont, were charged with reckless endangerment and illegal speed contest. Wright was also charged with driving while intoxicated, while Chery also was charged with driving while alcohol impaired.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, westbury, drunk driving, long island news
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 52 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment 8 min ago
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt 14 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
40 min ago