Long Island News
Long Island woman accused of robbing 3 banks
CARLE PLACE -- A 45-year-old woman has been arrested and charged with three bank robberies on Long Island.
Suffolk County police say Jean Coughlin was arrested in Carle Place on Tuesday after she handed a Chase Bank teller a handwritten note demanding money and threatening violence.
Police say the Bay Shore resident also was charged with two other bank robberies committed in the county earlier this year.
They say Jesse Steward, the getaway driver in Tuesday's alleged robbery, also was arrested.
Both women were charged with robbery.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, bank robbery, long island news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 30 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation 34 min ago
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit 9 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
30 min ago