Long Island News
Long Island woman accused of robbing 3 banks
CARLE PLACE -- A 45-year-old woman has been arrested and charged with three bank robberies on Long Island.
Suffolk County police say Jean Coughlin was arrested in Carle Place on Tuesday after she handed a Chase Bank teller a handwritten note demanding money and threatening violence.
Police say the Bay Shore resident also was charged with two other bank robberies committed in the county earlier this year.
They say Jesse Steward, the getaway driver in Tuesday's alleged robbery, also was arrested.
Both women were charged with robbery.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, bank robbery, long island news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall