Long Island News
Guilty plea in transporting serial killer victim for sex
NEW YORK -- A New York man has pleaded guilty to federal charges that he transported one of the victims of a suspected Long Island serial killer across state lines for prostitution.
Akeem Cruz was with Megan Waterman of Maine the night she disappeared from a Long Island hotel in June 2010. He has been identified in some reports as her boyfriend. Waterman's body was later found dumped along a remote beach parkway. Police have since found nine other bodies along the highway.
They suspect a serial killer but have not identified any suspects.
Cruz admitted Wednesday in federal court in Brooklyn that he transported women from Maine to New York so they could meet clients for sex.
Cruz faces up to 4 years in prison. No date has been set.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, gilgo beach bodies, serial killer, long island news
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 20 min ago
- Paterson fire guts 3 buildings, displaces families
- 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners recalled
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 34 min ago
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show 11 min ago
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos