Long Island News
Guilty plea in transporting serial killer victim for sex
NEW YORK -- A New York man has pleaded guilty to federal charges that he transported one of the victims of a suspected Long Island serial killer across state lines for prostitution.
Akeem Cruz was with Megan Waterman of Maine the night she disappeared from a Long Island hotel in June 2010. He has been identified in some reports as her boyfriend. Waterman's body was later found dumped along a remote beach parkway. Police have since found nine other bodies along the highway.
They suspect a serial killer but have not identified any suspects.
Cruz admitted Wednesday in federal court in Brooklyn that he transported women from Maine to New York so they could meet clients for sex.
Cruz faces up to 4 years in prison. No date has been set.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, gilgo beach bodies, serial killer, long island news
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 37 min ago
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
25 min ago