Long Island News
Nassau Co. man accused of pharmacy burglary
OYSTER BAY, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island man is under arrest after he allegedly broke into the pharmacy section of a store and removed several prescription medications.
Nassau County police say Jason Critelli entered the CVS store in Oyster Bay on Sunday. The pharmacy section was closed with a locked pull down gate, which he allegedly managed to push open.
Police say Critelli then removed several bags of prescription medications. Police say he took them to his car and then returned to the store and pulled the fire alarm to create a distraction to remove more medications.
He was arrested by responding police officers.
Police charged the Oyster Bay resident with burglary and falsely reporting an incident. He's to be arraigned Monday.
It was not immediately known if he had a lawyer.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- Large tornado touches down near Oklahoma City 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Muggy
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Where is Charles Butler? 50 min ago
- Elderly man falls in Hudson off of Pier 84 43 min ago
- Investigation follows police shooting of student 3 min ago
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday 17 min ago
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back...
17 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos