Long Island News
Nassau Co. man accused of pharmacy burglary
OYSTER BAY, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island man is under arrest after he allegedly broke into the pharmacy section of a store and removed several prescription medications.
Nassau County police say Jason Critelli entered the CVS store in Oyster Bay on Sunday. The pharmacy section was closed with a locked pull down gate, which he allegedly managed to push open.
Police say Critelli then removed several bags of prescription medications. Police say he took them to his car and then returned to the store and pulled the fire alarm to create a distraction to remove more medications.
He was arrested by responding police officers.
Police charged the Oyster Bay resident with burglary and falsely reporting an incident. He's to be arraigned Monday.
It was not immediately known if he had a lawyer.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, long island news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 32 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl 30 min ago
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 40 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse 41 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Two women hold top 2 spots in Newark Police Department
- Former Gov. Jon Corzine's son dies
- Photos: $2.35 million 'Modern Family' home for sale