Long Island News
Two teens charged in 99 cent store employee assault
NEW CASSEL, New York (WABC) -- Two teens are charged with assault of a store employee at a 99 cent store on Long Island.
Police say two teens, ages 15 and 13 were startled by an employee at the K&G 99 cent store while allegedly shoplifting. As they fled the scene, in New Cassel, one of the teens dropped a cell phone.
According to police, the teens returned a short time later and confronted a store employee. The younger teen allegedly broke a glass bottle and chased an employee around the store before allegedly stashing and stabbing him in the face, head and hands.
The employee was transported to the hospital in serious condition.
The 15-year-old is charged as an adult with first degree assault.
The thirteen you old is charged as a juvenile.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, assault, long island news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 6 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Con Edison and unrepaired gas leaks
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 1 min ago
- Two women hold top 2 spots in Newark Police Department
- Former Gov. Jon Corzine's son dies
- Photos: $2.35 million 'Modern Family' home for sale
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
47 min ago