Long Island News
Ten people sickened by carbon monoxide fumes
PORT JEFFERSON STATION, L.I. (WABC) -- Ten people on Long Island are recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Suffolk County police and volunteer firefighters arrived at a home on Jayne Boulevard in Port Jefferson Station just after midnight Saturday morning.
They detected high levels of carbon monoxide.
Ten people inside were overcome by the fumes.
The victims were rushed to the hospital.
Authorities found several generators in the basement.
Those generators are now being inspected.
The house was condemned by the fire marshal.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, carbon monoxide, long island news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 30 min ago
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD 22 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 56 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos