Long Island News
Police: Men arrested with heroin, toddler in car
KINGS PARK (WABC) -- Police on Long Island say two men driving around with drugs and a 4-year-old in the backseat are facing child endangerment charges.
Authorities say 30-year-old Paul Lucente, of Kings Park, ran when cops pulled his friend over for crossing the center line on Route 25 in Smithtown.
Police say he left his son in the backseat and later surrendered.
As for the driver, police say 26-year-old Benjamin Laudonio, of Stony Brook, was under the influence of drugs.
They reportedly found heroin in the car.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, drug arrest, leandra's law, long island news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos