Long Island News
Suspect sought in pharmaceutical company theft
EAST FARMINGDALE (WABC) -- Police in Suffolk County are looking for a suspect who stole a pill machine from a pharmaceutical company.
Stoppers and the Suffolk County Police First Squad Detectives are seeking the public's help to identify and locate the person who stole a piece of equipment worth $18,000 from a pharmaceutical company in East Farmingdale.
According to detectives, shortly after 1:30 on Tuesday afternoon, the man entered through a back door of Velocity Pharma LLC on Sherwood Avenue in East Farmingdale. He was wearing a hairnet apparently to blend in with employees at the company.
The suspect removed part of a pill counting machine from one area of the building, and then left. The machine is valued at $18,000.
Police say the suspect is a man in his 50s and 5'10" tall. He was wearing a yellow t-shirt under a blue plaid shirt, blue jeans and brown shoes.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential. Suffolk County Crime Stoppers offers a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, east farmingdale, suffolk county, crime, theft, long island news
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen