Long Island News
2 killed, 2 injured in Hamptons accident
SOUTHAMPTON (WABC) -- A car carrying four members of the Shinnecock Indian Nation crashed into a tree in the Hamptons early Saturday morning.
A Southampton Village police officer discovered the accident while on patrol around 2:20 a.m.
The 2009 Lexus GS350 struck the tree along East Gate Road, just off Hill Street.
The vehicle, a 2009 Lexus GS350, operated by Jason King, age 33, of Southampton with three other occupants; Duane L. White, age 22, Awan J. Gumbs, age 31, and Brian N. Bess Jr., age 18, all members of the Shinnecock Indian Nation of Southampton.
The driver, 33-year-old Jason King, and a passenger, 22-year-old Duane L. White, were pronounced dead at the scene.
Awan J. Gumbs, 31, was transported to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital and Brian N. Bess Jr., 18, was airlifted to Stony Brook Hospital. They both listed in stable condition with multiple, non-life threatening, injuries.
Police were investigating what led to the accident.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hamptons, southampton, accident, long island news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 90-minute delays after LIRR service suspension 42 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 3 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians 45 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
3 min ago