Long Island News
Fishkill woman arrested for DWI, no license
FARMINGDALE (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have arrested a woman for allegedly driving without a license at more than 3 times the legal limit for alcohol.
Officials say troopers from the State Police Farmingdale Station responded to a report of an erratic red Ford minivan on the Southern State Parkway around 8:25 a.m. on Sunday.
Troopers spotted the vehicle making an unsafe exit at Route 109.
Police say 38-year-old Heidi Herring of Fishkill wreaked of alcohol, had bloodshot and watery eyes and slurred speech.
She failed a sobriety test and produced a positive breath sample of .32 % - more than three times the legal limit, officials said.
Further investigation revealed that Herring had more than 10 driver's license suspensions.
Police arrested Herring on charges of felony aggravated unlicensed operation, DWI and several traffic violations.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, farmingdale, southern state parkway, drunk driving, dwi, long island news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 44 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 16 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital 19 min ago
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 41 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 20 min ago
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 44 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
44 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent...
19 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos