Long Island News
Fishkill woman arrested for DWI, no license
FARMINGDALE (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have arrested a woman for allegedly driving without a license at more than 3 times the legal limit for alcohol.
Officials say troopers from the State Police Farmingdale Station responded to a report of an erratic red Ford minivan on the Southern State Parkway around 8:25 a.m. on Sunday.
Troopers spotted the vehicle making an unsafe exit at Route 109.
Police say 38-year-old Heidi Herring of Fishkill wreaked of alcohol, had bloodshot and watery eyes and slurred speech.
She failed a sobriety test and produced a positive breath sample of .32 % - more than three times the legal limit, officials said.
Further investigation revealed that Herring had more than 10 driver's license suspensions.
Police arrested Herring on charges of felony aggravated unlicensed operation, DWI and several traffic violations.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, farmingdale, southern state parkway, drunk driving, dwi, long island news
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos