Long Island News
Fishkill woman arrested for DWI, no license
FARMINGDALE (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have arrested a woman for allegedly driving without a license at more than 3 times the legal limit for alcohol.
Officials say troopers from the State Police Farmingdale Station responded to a report of an erratic red Ford minivan on the Southern State Parkway around 8:25 a.m. on Sunday.
Troopers spotted the vehicle making an unsafe exit at Route 109.
Police say 38-year-old Heidi Herring of Fishkill wreaked of alcohol, had bloodshot and watery eyes and slurred speech.
She failed a sobriety test and produced a positive breath sample of .32 % - more than three times the legal limit, officials said.
Further investigation revealed that Herring had more than 10 driver's license suspensions.
Police arrested Herring on charges of felony aggravated unlicensed operation, DWI and several traffic violations.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, farmingdale, southern state parkway, drunk driving, dwi, long island news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos