Long Island News
Police probe murder-suicide in North Bellmore
NORTH BELLMORE (WABC) -- When a 13-year old girl returned to her home on 1329 Smith Avenue in North Bellmore after school, she talked to her father through the front door. Her father then asked her to pick up her three siblings, ages 7, 9 and 10 .
When the four kids returned home at around 3:30, the front door was locked. The children entered through the side door, and found their mother dead on the kitchen floor.
There was a note found in the house that told the kids that their parents were hurt and to dial 911. </p.
Police say they believe the father initiated the killings.
The victims have not yet been identified and the medical examiner has yet to determine the cause of death.
<center>Get Eyewitness News Delivered</center>
long island, murder suicide, murder, long island news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos