Long Island News
2 Long Island men charged with robbing Radio Shack
MERRICK (WABC) -- Two Long Island men are charged in the armed robbery of an electronics store in Merrick.
Police say 19-year-old Samuel Johnson and 21-year-old Jody Odonoghue, both of Bay Shore, allegedly showed off a gun and stole items from the Radio Shack on Sunrise Highway Saturday morning.
During the robbery, police say they briefly held an employee and a customer in a back room.
Police caught up with them as they were fleeing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, merrick, bay shore, robbery, long island news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos