Long Island News
Man accused of trying to trade pills for sex with girl
HICKSVILLE (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing charges after police say he tried to trade prescription pills for sex with a young girl.
Police began looking at 57 year old Walter Hurst a few days ago as a part of a narcotics investigation.
"He began to speak about his propensity to have sex with kids under the age of 12," Nassau police Lt. Kevin Smith said.
Police set up a sting at a Hicksville hotel Thursday night and busted him. Investigators say they found in the room 10 oxycodone pills and an anxiety pill, but that's not all.
"Gummy bears. Lollipops. He also bought condoms. I think he also brought some kind of lubricant as well," Smith said.
Hurst lives at a home in Bay Shore with his wife. She wasn't home when we knocked but his downstairs tenant Anthony Guzman was.
"I've never seen kids here ever. He's a friendly guy. He's a little creepy. I was going out with girlfriend who lived here and he wouldn't on her and say stuff behind my back but I never expected stuff like that," Guzman said.
"If there are people who know this man and know that he's see going out with children, we want them to come forward and let us know what's going on," Smith said.
Hurst is charged with drug sale and possession, as well as and criminal solicitation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, hicksville, bay shore, oxycodone, prescription drugs, child sex assault, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife 20 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 40 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos