Long Island News
Cops: Drunk man crashes into gas station, pins clerk
INWOOD (WABC) -- A Long Island man is charged with assault and DWI after driving his car into a gas station and pinning the attendant against the sales counter.
Detectives say Jorge Alvarenga was intoxicated when his car jumped the curb early Sunday morning.
It smashed through the front of a Mobil station on Burnside Avenue in Inwood.
The station attendant was taken to a nearby hospital, along with an injured passenger.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, inwood, drunk driving, long island news
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 10 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 54 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly...
6 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
54 min ago