Long Island News
Man with 23 license suspensions gets DUI
LAKE RONKONKOMA (WABC) -- Suffolk County police arrested a Long Island man with 23 suspensions on his license for driving while intoxicated.
Police say Kurt Knoernschild, of Lake Ronkonkoma, made a left turn through a red light at the intersection of County Road 83 and Coram-Mt. Sinai Road at 1:45 a.m. Thursday.
The 53-year-old Knoernschild was allegedly driving erratically before he was stopped.
He was arrested and charged with felony driving while intoxicated and felony aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
Knoernschild's pickup truck was seized based on his prior DWI convictions.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, ronkonkoma, drivers license, drunk driving, long island news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
33 min ago