Long Island News
Men dressed as FedEx worker, bank employee rob bank
EAST ROCKAWAY (WABC) -- Disguises proved key in a successful bank robbery on Long Island.
Shortly after the Chase Bank in East Rockaway closed for the day, a man in a FedEx uniform and a man dressed as a Chase employee entered.
The armed men threatened the three employees inside with semi-automatic weapons, tied up their hands and forced them into the bank vault.
"One subject took the personal banker into his office and kept him there at gunpoint," Nassau County police inspector Kenneth Lack said. "The other subject took the other two employees to the vault, where they had the bank manager open the safe and removed currency from the vault."
The suspects got away by taking the bank manager's car from the scene.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, rockaways, bank robbery, long island news
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 21 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309M for Tuesday drawing
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom 43 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
21 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos