Long Island News
Middle school teacher diagnosed with MRSA
LINDENHURST (WABC) -- A staff member at a middle school on Long Island has been diagnosed with MRSA.
The principal at Lindenhurst Middle School told parents that the staffer will not return until given the all-clear by doctors.
Areas the staffer had access to are being disinfected.
MRSA is a strain of a germ that causes skin infections.
It is often resistant to antibiotics.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, lindenhurst, long island news
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos